Wine and Dine
We have some terrific cafes and restaurants in this area. Also, some wonderful in-house caterers:
Jack Rabbit Caterers: rabbitandcocaterers.com.au. Weddings, private parties or special events. Rob Salmon: 0401 047 430 or Gordon Macdonald: 0412 477 105
A-Class Catering. www.aclasscatering.com.au. Catering for the Illawarra and Shoalhaven. Martin: 0411 114 912 Steve: 0402 158 155.
Duck Duck Goose. www.duckduckgoosecatering.com.au. Catering for Nowra, Berry & Shoalhaven. Josh and Jai: 02 44226168.
Garnish Catering. www.garnishcatering.com.au. Catering for Berry and the South Coast. Jo Jorgensen: 0432 559 078.
South Coast Weddings, Function and Catering. www.southcoastweddingsandcatering.com.au Paul and Lisa Tebbutt 0418 217960.
RESTAURANTS AND CAFES
KIAMA RESTAURANTS CAFES & BARS
Here is a selection of the best Kiama restaurants, bars & cafes. Our picks include everything from gourmet to cheap & cheerful.
- Kai Sushi: 02 4233 2886 Japanese and sushi. Lunch Tues- Sun 11:30- 2:30pm. Dinner 5:30-9:30pm
- Hanoi on Manning: 02 4232 3315 Lunch Mon, Wed-Sunday 11:30 – 2:30pm. Dinner Mon, Wed-Sunday 5-9pm
- El Corazon: 02 4232 4847 Mexican cuisine with a selection of tequila. Mon-Fri Dinner 5:30- 8:30 Saturday and Sunday Dinner and Lunch 12-8pm
- Kabari Bar: 02 4233 0572 Dinner and Level 1 Bar Thurs-Saturday Lunch till late - Kiosk and Café Mon, Tues and Sunday 8am-3pm Wednesday and Thursday 8am till late
- JJ’s Indian Restaurant: 02 4232 4564. Traditional Indian. Lunch Friday to Sunday from 12noon to 2:30pm and Dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5pm till late 7 nights.
- Blue Diamond Bar & Bistro (Sebel Harbourside): 02 4230 7500. Cocktails, Steak, seafood, pizza, BBQ. 11am-11pm Fri & Sat, 11am-9pm Sun, 11am-10pm Wed & Thurs.
- Centrepoint Pizza: 02 4232 2138. Italian. Dinner Tues-Sun 5pm till late. Lunch Sun 12-3pm.
- Chachis Italian Restaurant: 02 4233 1144. Traditional and modern Italian. BYO. 6 nights from 6pm (closed Tuesday).
- Dragon Garden Restaurant: 02 4233 1799. Chinese. Open 7 days Lunch 12-2:30pm Dinner 5-9:30pm
- Nirand Thai: 02 4232 1949. Thai, cocktail bar. Lunch Tues-Sun 11:30am-3pm. Dinner
- Mon-Sun 6pm til late.
- The Grand Room At The Grand: 02 4232 1037. Healthy Australian meals. Lunch 7 days Mon-Thur, dinner 6pm-late. Fri-Sat 6pm-9pm.
- Olive and Vine: 02 4232 1268 Open for Dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5:30-9:00pm
- Knights Tavern Bistro, Kiama Leagues Club: 02 4232 1935. Blackboard menu. 7 Days 11.30am-2.30pm, 5.30pm-9pm.
- Bowlo Bistro, Kiama Bowling Club: 02 4232 1176. Blackboard menu. Tues-Sun lunch 12-2pm, Dinner 6pm-9pm.
- Rangoon Island Restaurant, Kiama Golf Club: 02 42378495. A la carte menu Tues-Sun/Mon on Public & School Holidays.
- Thai @ Kiama: 02 4232 1190. 02 4232 1190 Open Sunday and Saturday for Lunch 11:30-2:30. Dinner Sunday- Thursday 5-9:30pm, Friday and Saturday 5-10pm
KIAMA CAFES & CASUAL DINING
- Penny Whistlers Café 02 4233 2770 lunches, snacks, sweet treats, coffee and hot food. Open Mon- Sat 7am-4pm, Sunday 8am-4pm
- The Brooding Italian 0406 401 213 Espresso Bar, Lunch and breakfast Mon-Sunday 7am -4pm
- Amaki Cottage Café: 02 4232 1214. Full breakfast, gourmet lunch, and morning & afternoon teas. 8.30am-4:30pm 7 Days.
- Little Blowhole Café: 02 4232 4990 Open Tue and Fri 9am -4pm, Saturday-Sunday 8am- 4pm
- Manning Street Café:02 42 4030 Open 7 days 7:30am- 3:30pm
- Table for Amy: Café, functions and events 02 4232 4479. Open Thur- Tue 8am – 5pm Wednesday Dinner only 5:30-7:0pm
- Milk and Honey Café: 0418 146 618 Great food and coffee with a view. Open Mon-Sun 8am- 4pm
- Barnacles Seafood Takeaway: 02 4232 1138. Seafood take away. 7 days 10.30am-8pm.
- Black Rock Café: 02 4233 2211. Gourmet meals. 7 days 8am-4pm.
- Kiama Downs Take Away: 02 4237 8272. Fish and chips. Mon 11am-7.30pm, Thur 10am-7:30pm- Fri, Sat, Sun 10am-8pm.
- Minnamurra General Store: 02 4236 0469. Café and takeaway. Mon-Fri 9am-5:00pm. Open 7 days
- Michel’s Patisserie: 02 4232 4692. Coffee and cakes. Mon-Wed 8am-5:30pm, Thurs 8am-6:30pm, Fri 8am-6pm, Sat 8am-5pm, Sun 8am-4pm.
- Parkview: 02 4232 1152. Dine in or takeaway. Mon, Tues 7am-5pm, Wed-
- Sun 7am-8:30pm.
- Saltwater: 02 4232 1104. Gourmet fish and chips. BYO. 7 days from 11am till late. Weekends from 10am.
- Seabream Café: 02 4232 1200. Dine in & take away. 7am -7pm daily
- Shortblack: 02 4233 1038. Coffee and gourmet sandwiches. 6am to 3pm, 7 days.
- Subway: 02 4232 2149. 7:30am-9:30pm. 7 days.
- Vinces Kebabs: 02 42332009. Doner kebabs. Weekdays 10:30am-10pm.Weekends 10am-2am.
GERRINGONG & GERROA RESTAURANTS BARS & CAFES
A selection of the best restaurants, bars & cafes in Gerringong.
- Mercure Gerringong Resort: 02 4234 1359. Weddings and functions. 7am-10pm. Breakfast, lunch & dinner.
- Jack’s Grill at Cronins Hotel: 02 4234 4115. Modern Australian. Great alfresco in summer. Lunch Thurs-Sun, Dinner Mon-Sat.
- Taste of Asia, Gerringong Bowling Club: 02 4234 4270 Dinner Tuesday – Sunday, Lunch Wednesday- Sunday
- Sea Salt Brasserie & Café, Gerringong Bowling Club: 02 4234 1414. Lunch 11:30- 2:30, Dinner 5:30-8:30. Closed Tuesdays
- Oak Room Eleven, Crooked River Winery 02 4234 0975. Dining and Wine Bar Friday Lunch 12-3pm and Dinner 6-8:30pm Saturday Lunch 12-3pm, Dinner 6-9pm, Sunday Lunch 12-4pm
- Park Ridge Retreat Restaurant: 02 4234 4386.
- Zoobs Woodfired Pizza: 02 4234 0241. Italian. Will deliver. Open for Dinner from 5pm. Wed-Sun. Open 7 nights during school holidays.
- Lucky Harbour Chinese Restaurant: 02 4234 4989
- Werri Thai 02 4234 1445 Open Tuesday-Sunday for Dinner 5-9pm
- Seahaven Café, Gerroa: 02 4234 3796 Award winning. SMH Good Food Guide. Summer 9am-4pm. 8am weekends. Dinner Thurs, Fri, Sat. Winter 9am-4pm. 8am weekends. Dinner Thurs, Fri, Sat. Closed Mon & Tues.
- Gerroa Fisherman’s Club Seahorse Restaurant/Bistro: 02 4234 0044. Great views of Seven Mile Beach. Weekends 12-3pm, 6pm-8pm; weekdays12-2pm; 6pm-8pm. If you are staying in Gerroa, call the club to get their bus to collect you and take you home on weekends.
GERRINGONG/GERROA CAFES & CASUAL DINING
- Scoops Ice Creamery: 02 4234 1855. Ice creams and cafe. 9am-5pm, 7 Days.
- Gerringong Deli Café: 02 4234 1035. Fabulous food, wonderful ambience! 8am-5:00pm. 7 days.
- Gerringong Pizza: 02 4234 2454. Great pizza, takeaway or free delivery. Open Wed-Sun 5-9m 10pm Sat and Sun
- Werri Beach Fish Shop: 02 4234 1505. Great fish, chips and hamburgers. Eat in or takeaway. Open 5 days Wed- Sun. Open 7 days in school holidays
- Gerringong Takeaway: 02 4234 1269. A Milk Bar! 7am-8pm.
- Jocks Bakery & Café: 02 42342311. Cakes, bakery. 6am-5pm 7 days
- Sea Vista Cafe: 02 4234 0551. Spectacular views. 7 days 8:30am-5pm. Dinner Fri & Sat, 5 nights during school holidays.
- Seven Mile Beach Kiosk: 02 4234 2625. The best pies! Other takeaway and groceries. 7 days 8am-6pm.
- Perfect Break Vegetarian Café: 02 4234 1211. Mouth watering vegetarian. Great coffee. 7 Days 8am-4pm.
- That’s Amore Café, Gerroa Shores Holiday Park: 02 4234 1233. Home cooked meals. Dine in or takeaway. 7.30am-3pm Sun-Thurs, 7:30am-7:30pm Sat, Sun (excl school holidays).
- Blue Espresso Bar: 02 4234 0770 Amazing coffee and cake with sandwiches for lunch. Open 7 days 7am-4pm
BERRY RESTAURANTS BARS & CAFES
A selection of some of the best Berry restaurants, bars & cafes in Berry.
- South on Albany: 02 4464 2005. Modern Australian, a favourite South Coast Holidays favourite! Open Wed and Thurs for Dinner 6-10pm Open Fri, Sat and Sun Lunch 12-3pm and Dinner 6-10pm
- Coach House Restaurant, Berry Hotel: 02 4464 1011. Wonderfully snug in winter with a real fire. Open Mon-Fri lunch and dinner. Sat and Sun breakfast, lunch dinner. Breakfast from 9am, lunch from 11.30, dinner 6pm-9pm.
- Hungry Duck: 02 4464 2323 Modern Asian cuisine. A must visit degustation for any food lover. Open 6 days from 6pm. Closed Tuesdays
- Pavilion Restaurant, Berry Motel: 02 4464 21074. Delicious! Open Tuesday- Saturday 6-9pm
- Leaf in Berry: 02 4464 3898. Thai and Vietnamese Open Tuesday- Sunday for Lunch and Dinner 10:30am-3pm and 5-10pm
- Coolangatta Estate: 02 4448 7131. About 10 minutes by car from central Berry towards the coast is this vineyard with restaurant serving fresh regional produce. The South Coasts most awarded winery (try the Semillon). Open daily.
- The Silos: 02 4448 6160. What a wonderful way to lunch. Set in the vineyard, about 10 minutes by car from central Berry, perfect for a wedding reception. Thur-Sun lunch and dinner.
- Jasper Valley Wines and Vines Cafe: 02 4464 1596. Breathtaking views and a Mediterranean lunch. Cafe Fri-Sun 11am-5pm.
- Mezzadellas: 02 4464 2045 Open 7 nights from 5pm. 6 nights during winter
Cafes & Casual Dining
- Berry Sourdough Cafe: 02 4464 1617. Miss this cafe and weep! Best breakfast and brunch in town. Has been in SMH Good Food Guide. Wed-Sun breakfast 8am-11:15am and lunch 11:30am-3pm
- Milkwood Bakery: 02 4464 3033 Open 7 days 6am-5:30pm Sat and Sun 7am-5:30pm
- Our Bookshop and Cafe: 02 4464 1920. Open 8:30am-4pm 7 days.
- Little Fork: 02 4464 1131 Open Thursday- Sunday 8am -4pm
- Little Rae, Berry: 02 4464 2544 Allpress Coffee Fresh Food to go, Gourmet provisions. Open 7 days
- Hedgehogs Coffee Shop: 02 4464 3051. Behind the hedge. Breakfast and Lunch 8am-4pm Open 7 days.
- The Emporium Food Co: 02 4464 1570. Great deli with Grinders coffee. Open 7 days 9am-5pm. Sunday 10am-4.30pm.
- Il Locale Gelato and Café: 0414 407 907. Open Sunday – Thursday 7am-6pm Friday and Saturday 8am-6pm
- Berry Donut Van: The Famous Berry Donut Van! Open 7 days 9am- 6pm