South Coast Walks
- Kiama Coast walk (from ~5-22km. Time allowed: 2-6 hours)
- Minnimurra Board Walk (~3km: time allowed: 1.5 hours)
- Illawarra Fly (1.5km stroll: time allowed: 1 hour)
- Drawing room rocks (Time allowed: 2 hours)
- Pigeon house mountain (Time allowed: 4 hours)
- Ben’s Walk (average 5.5km- time allowed: 2 hours)
South Coast Wineries
SOUTH COAST WINERIES ARE SOME OF THE BEST IN AUSTRALIA.
The Shoalhaven Coast was officially declared a new wine region in August 2002. This emerging boutique wine region on the South Coast of NSW between Kiama in the north and Durras in the south is producing award winning wines of excellence.
Earliest recorded planting of wine grapes in the region was in 1864. The first modern day vineyard was planted in 1976 with the maritime climate producing fresh, light and delicate white wines and soft elegant reds.
THE BEST SOUTH COAST WINERIES
- Bawley Vale Estate: (02) 4457 2555. 226 Bawley Point Road, Bawley Point (past Ulladulla).
- Cambewarra Estate Winery: (02) 4446 0170. 520 Illaroo Road, Cambewarra (near Nowra).
- Coolangatta Estate: (02) 4448 7131. 13335 Bolong Road, Shoalhaven Heads (between Gerroa and Nowra).
- Crooked River Wines: (02) 4232 0975. 1 Willow Vale Rd, Gerringong.
- Cupitt's Winery: (02) 4455 7888. Washburton Rd Milton Ulladulla.
- Fern Gully Winery: (02) 4457 1124. 63 Princes Highway, Turmeil.
- Jasper Valley Wines: (02) 4464 1596. 152 Croziers Road, Berry.
- Kangaroo Valley Estate: (02 9544 2866. Kangaroo Valley.
- Lyrebird Ridge Organic Winery: (02) 4446 0648. 270 Budgong Rd Budgong.
- Mountain Ridge Winery: (02) 4448 5825. 11 Coolangatta Rd, Coolangatta
- Roselea Vineyard: (02) 4234 0340. Gerringong. 310 Princes Highway Gerringong.
- The Silos Estate: (02) 4448 6082. B640 Princes Hwy, Jaspers Brush (between Berry and Nowra).
- Two Figs Winery: (02) 4448 5003. 905 Bolong Rd, Berry. Cellar Door. Winemaker: Shayne Bricker.
- Yarrawa Estate: (02) 4465 1165. 43B Scotts Road, Kangaroo Valley.
MAKE SURE YOU COME VISIT FOR THE SHOALHAVEN COAST WINTER WINE FESTIVAL JUNE LONG WEEKEND. Book your accommodation now.
- MV Jean Whale Watching Tours
- Jervis Bay Whales
- Dolphin and Whale Cruises
- Jervis Bay Sailing Charters
- Silver Star Fishing Charters
- Surf and Fish Ulladulla
South Coast Golf Courses
Golf is the most popular sporting activity in the world. If you are looking for South Coast NSW golf courses, then here is a list of the best golf courses on the NSW South Coast.
- Jamberoo Golf Course: Allowrie Street, Jamberoo. Ph 42360291. 18 Hole - 4,844 Metres - Par 67. Twilight golf, practice facilities.
- Kiama Golf Club: Oxley Avenue, Kiama Downs. Ph 42377300. 18 Hole - 4,968 Metres - Par 66. Twilight golf, practice facilities, lessons available. Mystics Wood Fired Cuisine, Kiama Golf Club: 02 4237 7300. Lunch & Dinner 7 days and on Public & School Holidays.
- Gerringong Golf Club: Crooked River Road, Gerringong. Ph 42343333. 18 Hole - 5,586 Metres - Par 72. Equipment Hire.
- Kangaroo Valley Golf and Country Club: Mount Scanzi Road, Kangaroo Valley. 18 Hole - 5,089 Metres - Par 72. Hire and Practice Facilities. Bar, bistro, tennis courts, swimming pool, giant chess, BBQ areas, children's playground. Cabin Accommodation - Retreat packages available.
- Calderwood Golf Club: 532 Calderwood Road, Albion Park. Ph 42563055. 18 Hole - 5,112 Metres - Par 70. Twilight golf, putting green. Gazebo style BBQ.
- Shellharbour Links: Golf Pde, ShellCove. Ph 42378022. 18 Hole - 6,139 Metres - Par 71. Modern Licensed Club, pro shop, tuition, club and cart hire.
- Nowra Golf Club: Fairway Drive, North Nowra, NSW, 2541. T: (02) 4421 3900 E: firstname.lastname@example.org. W:www.nowragolf.com.au. Restaurant opening hours: 12pm-2pm Tues to Sun; 6pm to 8.30pm Thurs to Sun. 18 holes.
- Mollymook Golf Courses: Mollymook is a magnificent seaside escape, ideal for holidays and weekend getaway. The district is a comfortable 3 hours drive south of Sydney and just over 2 hours from Canberra. Boasting two magnificent golf courses, visitors and non members are welcome all year. Hilltop Golf Course - Our Championship Hilltop course is 18 holes of bushland beauty, situated so that you can l hear the waves rolling in on Mollymook Beach. Affectionately known as “The Ultimate Challenge” and rated No. 97 golf course in Australia. Beachside Golf Course - Beachside is a 9 hole Par 33 course the course sits atop the southern tip of the beautiful Mollymook Beach and ambles around the stunning Collers Beach inlet.
- Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club: Shoalhaven Heads NSW 2535.
- Coolangatta Estate: Bolong Rd, Shoalhaven Heads NSW 2535
Keeping it local:
A step back in time
- Berry Museum and Historical Society
- Nowra Historical Walk (through the old town)
- Nowra Museum and The Shoalhaven historical society
- Bundanon Trust: Bundanon house & Riversdale
- Pilot’s cottage museum and Kiama Historical Society
- Kiama Lighthouse, big and small Blowholes and the old village.
Fun in the Sun
There are lots of fabulous cycling routes on the south coast of NSW. Here are some suggestions (courtesy of MapMyRIDE)
- STANWELL PARK: Stanwell Tops Loop (14.42 Km), Austinmer To Clifton and Back (15.95 Km)
- BERRY/KANGAROO VALLEY: Berry- K.Valley - Barrengarry - Robertsib - Jamberoo - Saddle Back - Kiama - Gerroa - Berry (117.23 Km.), KV6 Berry - Barrengarry - Cambewarra (69.54 Km.), KV4 Jameroo to Barrengary (117.34 Km).
- KIAMA: Kiama 10Km Beaches Run (9.87 KM), Minnamuraa to Kiama Heights 19KM (19.20KM), Kiama to Jervis Bay (111.53 KM)
- GERRINGONG: Werri Beach Run (8.86KM).
- GERROA: Gerroa 2 (14.44 KM), Gerroa Challange (116.95 KM).
- SHOALHAVEN: Berrara Beach To Swan Lake Shop (13.02 KM).
- JERVIS BAY: Hymans Beach to Murray's Beach (13.02 KM), Aussie Long Course Triathlon Bike Course (27.04 KM), Booderee National Park (15.66 KM), Booderee NP (22.15 KM).
LET'S GO SURFIN' NOW, EVERYBODY'S LEARNING HOW
Enjoy surfing? Looking for a great surfing vacation? The South Coast of NSW contains some of the best surfing locations in the world.
If there are two activities, above all others, that we pride ourselves on here on the NSW South Coast, it’s our SURFIN’ and our FISHIN’. And why shouldn’t we, with miles of rugged and majestic coastline, pristine beaches, bountiful and beautiful estuary systems, and tranquil mountain streams as our playground!!!
Short-boarders and body-boarders chasing the buzz of an intense reef break or big “spitting” beach barrel can paddle out into world-renowned waves such as: ‘Ozzy Pipe’ (just south of Nowra), ‘Werri Point’ (Gerringong), ‘The Wedge’ (Mystics Beach, Minnamurra), 'The Farm' and ‘Redsands’ (Shellharbour), and further north to ‘Sanden Point’ (Wollongong).
Beginners and the more laid-back long-boarder will love the classic peeling lines and limitless space of Seven Mile Beach (Gerroa) ... and keep a look out for the amazing “aqua-batics” of Gerroa’s ever growing Kite Surfer population.