JUST SIT at Moruya Heads
2 parking spaces
Holiday House in Moruya Heads
From $320.00* daily
Only 200 metres from the great surfing beach at Moruya Heads.
Moruya Heads is 10km towards the coast from the beautiful south coast town of Moruya. Pretty much just follow the Moruya River to the property and then Just Sit! This is a modern, newly built home just suited for family groups and those with mobility difficulties as there is a wheelchair access ramp to the living and sleeping level (there are 2 car parking spaces that lead directly to ramp).
PLEASE BRING YOUR OWN LINEN AND TOWELS : WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY : Parking for 3 cars
4 bedrooms : 2 bathrooms : sleeps 8 guests
With views directly across to the river and only 200 metres around the corner from one of the best beaches on the south coast, this is a great South Coast destination. The beach has a Surf Life Saving Club, playground and shop and is patrolled during the summer season.
The ramp to the living, bedroom, bathroom and outdoor deck area is reached from the rear of the property, where there is parking for 2 cars. This ramp, plus other modifications in the house, make this an ideal property for people with mobility issues or in wheelchairs.
A permanent tenant lives in an apartment under the house but is often not there.
The lounge and kitchen areas are light and airy open plan spaces and flow out onto the front deck which has a river view. The kitchen is equipped with stove, oven, microwave, crockery, cutlery, glasses and cookware and plenty of storage space for a longer stay. Both the stove and sink area are designed for people in wheelchairs or with mobility issues.
The front deck has a table and a BBQ for outdoor summer dining.
A Green architectural design allow the house to self-regulate temperature using windows to provide a cool summer escape and a cosy winter retreat. The breezeway entry area and all the large sliding doors can be opened up to give an outdoor feel to the space.
- 1 queen master bedroom with carpeted flooring a wardrobe and ensuite bathroom.
- 1 queen bedroom with tiled flooring. This adjoins the shared bathroom and provides easy access for those with mobility difficulties.
- 1 bedrooms with 1set of bunk beds
- 1 bedroom with a tribunk (double bed below and single bed above)
- Ensuite bathroom to master bedroom: Shower, bath, vanity and toilet.
- Bathroom 2: shower vanity and toilet. With seat in shower for those with mobility difficulties.
Just Sit at Moruya Heads is only a 200m flat walk to the patrolled surf beach. Head over the nearby hill - about 500m walk away to visit the calmer Shelly Beach. This is the perfect place to build a sandcastle or walk around some rocks.
The corner store which is about 20m away will provide you with a fun lunch, or early dinner to enjoy on the deck while listening to the birdsong or the laugh of the resident Kookaburra.
Own linen must be provided. Pillows are available but require pillow slips before use.
- PLEASE BRING OWN LINEN AND TOWELS. Pillows and blankets are provided.
- Wheelchair Access,
- Shares laundry with Washing Machine, pegs, clothesline
- Parking for 3 cars.
- DVD player and Stereo
- Gas BBQ,Stove, Microwave,Dishwasher
- Heating for winter
- Large deck
- A permanent tenant lives in a small apartment under the main house. The main house, living space and decks are all completely separate.
THINGS TO DO DURING YOUR STAY
- Support the local shops and industries - helps the local economy.
- Favourite grocer the IGA in Moruya. Head back into town, turn Right at the first roundabout with service station and IGA is on your right in 50m.Open all weekend.
- Also at this stop is a great French patisserie with awesome coffee.
- The Vulcan Cafe: on the main street, old Bluestone building has a lovely outdoor courtyard and diverse menu. Open extended weekend hours.
- The River Restaurant: Multi-award winning The River Restaurant is a wonderful place for a special dinner or lunch and shows diners all that is gorgeous about the south coast and our fresh, local produce.
- The Moruya Health Cafe: open business hours
- The Bodalla Dairy Shed, Bodalla, is popular for lunch and an explore. Wonderful milkshakes, cheesecake or a cheese platter (which you can bring home to enjoy on the deck at Just Sit). Recently reviews in the SMH to great acclaim!
Continue down the road to historic Tilba Tilba or Narooma (both about 30-40 minute drive away)
For a walk: Take a stroll along the local gorgeous Shelley and Dolphin Beaches, plus there is a walk from Congo to Bingee that starts just on the south side of Congo. This walk includes a wonderful coastal forest and many wildflowers.
For a drive: Take a 10 minute drive to Broulee and walk out to the island. Then treat yourself to lunch or a special nibble at the Muffin Shop.
- Looking for more surfing beaches? Try Congo and Bingi which are only a short drive from Moruya.
- Bring a bike and find some mountain bike tracks
- Go fishing on the water nearby the best gutters are north of the surf club and along Pedro Beach or try the wharf which is only a 5 min drive away.
- Visit the markets in Moruya on a Saturday morning for plenty of fresh seasonal produce.
- Listen to birdsong with a cup of tea in the morning
- Wine and cheese on the deck make a good appetizer
- Explore the many nearby bushwalking trails especially in Deua National Park which is the largest park in the South East part of the South Coast. In the parks mountains and forests from which the Deua River springs, are reserves and wilderness areas with abundant wildlife. Hikers take the walk from Berlang campground to the gaping chasm of The Big Hole. Further along the same track is the ancient rock feature of Marble Arch where stalactites hang from ancient elevated ceilings. Or take your canoe or lilo and float down the Deua or Shoalhaven rivers, both of which are ideal for swimming. The park is ideal for birdwatchers and is at its best in the spring when the wildflowers are in bloom.
- Walk the Bingi Dreaming Track: trace the ancient Song Lines of the Yuin Aboriginal people and take in some magnificent views. The 14km walk starts at Congo and heads to Tuross Heads in the south. Either do it at once, or break it into smaller walks over a few days. There are lots of places to stop for a swim or picnic along the way. Traditionally, dreaming tracks or Song Lines link the places visited by Aboriginal people.
FLYDOWN TO MORUYA AIRPORT
Fed up with driving? Why not fly directly to Moruya airport from Sydney or Melbourne with Regional Express regular direct flights from Sydney and Merimbula. The airport is 5km from the town centre and there are taxis to take you to Moruya Heads. Or rent a car from the airport and explore the whole south coast region.
Or take a ride in a South Coast Seaplane to get a birds eye view of this area of wonderous natural beauty.
Rest assured: Just Sit at Moruya Heads is another quality South Coast Holidays property
This property is managed by South Coast Holidays, the south coast of NSW's most award-winning holiday rental specialist and licenced Real Estate Agent. South Coast Holidays has offices in Gerringong and Cobargo.
This is an exceptional holiday home in a unique environment. We are conscious of the comfort of our guests and neighbours and so do not accept Schoolies holidays, bucks weekends or similar noisy bookings. Please see our Terms and Conditions
South Coast Holidays is:
- 2016, 2015 and 2013 Winner Best Holiday Rental Agent, South Coast Tourism Awards
- 2016 Tourism Hall of Fame, South Coast Tourism Awards
- 2015 and 2013 Finalist Holiday & Short-Term Rental Agent, REINSW Awards
- 2012 Finalist South Coast Tourism Awards
- 2011 Finalist Telstra Business Awards
- 2010 Finalist Illawarra Business Awards
- 2009 Winner Smart Company 50 Fastest Growing Businesses
South Coast Holidays NSW has the best range of self-contained holiday rental homes.
* (fees & conditions may apply)
To select dates, and check price please use the Check Availability link above.